Bauform
    Avant
    Baujahr
    Motor
    2.0 TDI
    MKB/GKB
    bre

Zitat Zitat von dct Beitrag anzeigen
    If the turbine has no radial clearance and spins well it is almost excluded that a lack of oil supply destroyed your turbocharger. Thus, I start to doubt that oil pump failure is the actual reason.

Well I am starting to think the same seeing as when I pulled the valve cover and glow plugs there seems to be plenty of oil in the area... the turbo seems fine, no looseness and spins fine. I guess next step would be to drop the oil pan. if the oil pump is good then I am really confused. I've never seen an engine just lock up like that.

Benutzer Avatar von quaipau
    Modell
    Audi A4 8D/B5
    Bauform
    Avant
    Baujahr
    Motor
    1.8 Quattro
    MKB/GKB
    ADR

If it is anything like in the B5, you'll have to drop the front of the subframe and perhaps jack up the engine a bit. I did it a couple of months ago and it was hell and torture.

I'd try avoiding it, specially if the engine needs to come off anyway. Try diagnosing it with the pan on.

Are the holes for the glow plugs big enough for an endoscope?

I just read that the flywheel sometimes dies (this being the fancy ZMS-Flywheel), which can lead to an engine blocking. In that case the krank can even break.

There's a way to test this: put the gearbox in the highest gear and rock the car forth and back. if you feel some sort of "spring action", then the ZMS is probably ok.

If you only feel a clunk, then it might have broken and taken your engine with it.

Benutzer
    Modell
    Audi A4 8H/B7
    Bauform
    Avant
    Baujahr
    Motor
    2.0 TDI
    MKB/GKB
    bre

I jacked one side of the car up and put it in 6th and tried spinning the wheel, it does have a springy feeling so I think that is ok. I am not sure how big an end of a endoscope is but the glow plug holes are pretty small.

Benutzer Avatar von quaipau
    Modell
    Audi A4 8D/B5
    Bauform
    Avant
    Baujahr
    Motor
    1.8 Quattro
    MKB/GKB
    ADR

There are some reasons for engines seizing. The most probable, the oil pump, would probably have caused the turbo to die a fiery death, so it might be something else. But even if it was the ZMS or if a piston just committed suicide, I think you won't be able to avoid pulling the engine.

Minor damage should not hinder you to crank the engine one way or another. So I'm betting something big and heavy bent or broke in an expensive way.

Stupid questions: the timing belt is ok and the tensioners are fine, I assume? All valves accounted for?

- - - - - Beiträge automatisch zusammengeführt - - - - -

oh, and do the ZMS-Test with the car on the ground. The whole car should move a couple of centimetres back and forth while feeling the springy-resistance. the engine being blocked should cause no problem while testing.

Benutzer
    Modell
    Audi A4 8H/B7
    Bauform
    Avant
    Baujahr
    Motor
    2.0 TDI
    MKB/GKB
    bre

I put the car in 6th gear and rolled it back and forth, its rolls about 6 inches before the clutch feels like it engages and feels springy. I guess this means ill be pulling my engine

Zitat Zitat von quaipau Beitrag anzeigen
    There are some reasons for engines seizing. The most probable, the oil pump, would probably have caused the turbo to die a fiery death, so it might be something else. But even if it was the ZMS or if a piston just committed suicide, I think you won't be able to avoid pulling the engine.

Minor damage should not hinder you to crank the engine one way or another. So I'm betting something big and heavy bent or broke in an expensive way.

Stupid questions: the timing belt is ok and the tensioners are fine, I assume? All valves accounted for?

- - - - - Beiträge automatisch zusammengeführt - - - - -

oh, and do the ZMS-Test with the car on the ground. The whole car should move a couple of centimetres back and forth while feeling the springy-resistance. the engine being blocked should cause no problem while testing.